Mind it I hear a lot of stupid things too.
Thank you for your interest in obtaining updates from our site.
To use this site, you must be running Microsoft Internet Explorer 5 or later.
To upgrade to the latest version of the browser, go to the Internet Explorer Downloads website.
If you prefer to use a different web browser, you can obtain updates from the Microsoft Download Center or you can stay up to date with the latest critical and security updates by using Automatic Updates. To turn on Automatic Updates:
- Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
- Depending on which Control Panel view you use, Classic or Category, do one of the following:
- Click System, and then click the Automatic Updates tab.
- Click Performance and Maintenance, click System, and then click the Automatic Updates tab.
- Click the option that you want. Make sure Automatic Updates is not turned off.
Problem: IE8 Beta 1. ;)
Of course, I’ll be reporting Windows Update as broken.
PS: Apparently, I can’t even report Windows Update as broken on Windows XP. It won’t let me. ;(