Mind it I hear a lot of stupid things too.
Thank you for your interest in obtaining updates from our site.
To use this site, you must be running Microsoft Internet Explorer 5 or later.
To upgrade to the latest version of the browser, go to the Internet Explorer Downloads website.
If you prefer to use a different web browser, you can obtain updates from the Microsoft Download Center or you can stay up to date with the latest critical and security updates by using Automatic Updates. To turn on Automatic Updates:
- Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
- Depending on which Control Panel view you use, Classic or Category, do one of the following:
- Click System, and then click the Automatic Updates tab.
- Click Performance and Maintenance, click System, and then click the Automatic Updates tab.
- Click the option that you want. Make sure Automatic Updates is not turned off.
Problem: IE8 Beta 1. ;)
Of course, I’ll be reporting Windows Update as broken.
PS: Apparently, I can’t even report Windows Update as broken on Windows XP. It won’t let me. ;(
The word is: "Singularity is finally out".
Get it from here.
Configuring Updates: Stage 3 of 3 – 100% Complete
Uninstalling Service Pack: Stage 2 of 3 – 100% Complete
Uninstalling Service Pack: Stage 3 of 3 – 100% Complete
Everything 100% complete, yet still on computer screen!
Now, this is post is entirely off the track. It is/has something(s) about “me” when I desperately try things to be not about “me”.
Two weeks ago, I called a colleague to confirm that it was not off from office. He didn’t receive my call and when I was in the bus, he called me back to ask why I had called. We had this little conversation.
Him: Tanveer, you just called me?
Me: I wanted to ask you whether you are coming today or not.
Him: Yes, leaving in a few minutes.
Me: Well, I am already in the bus. Bye.
<End of conversation>
In this little piece of speech, treasures of information lie hidden. Let’s dig some.
- Neither of us is deaf.
- We both can speak.
- I am bilingual in Urdu and English.
- I understood whatever language he is using to talk to me.
- We both work at the same office.
- We are on first name terms.
- We are close because only close persons ask each other these kind of questions.
- At least I am well educated.
Side information that could be gathered from the context.
- I had called him previously.
- My office is not an educational institute because it was declared a public holiday for schools and colleges.
- I am well educated, the person who called me is close to me, it follows that he must be well educated too.
For the added bonus, you can gather additional information from this post. :)
- My name has ‘Tanveer’ somewhere in it.
- I studied information theory in my past.
In conclusion my children, even the tiniest amount of conversation can leak tremendous amounts of information whether you like it or not. I haven’t exhausted either of the three lists by any chance. Natural languages are always very redundant, yet this tiny snippet shows how much you can gather from just six sentences.
My deepest apologies to the handful of readers who read this "falling apart" blog. Most unfortunately, I have been facehooked since the last month. Addicted to the most addictive online game ever. Warbook.
Now, this post is not a publicity stunt for either the game or the website. Instead, it is about my feeble attempt to revert to the code-monkey lifestyle I have always lived for the last 6 years or so.
Therefore, expect the activity to go up a bit in the next few days. :) Like it used to be in October/November last year.